Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Most Exciting Large Amount of Money Spent Ever!

I don’t often make big purchases. I like to spend a lot of money over many smaller purchases so that I think I’m spending less money than I am.

My delusions work for me.

Anyway, today I spent a large amount of money and it was very very exciting because…

I booked a plane ticket to London!

I randomly have been scheduled for 14 days off at the end of March. (My work schedule is very strange, it moves all over the place so 14 days off in a row, while surprising, is not entirely unexpected. I needed March 30 off for a girls trip to Banff and ended up with the 13 days surrounding that date off.. I only have to use 3 of my vacation days to do this!)

Anyway, I felt like if I had that time off, I needed to do something with it and travelling by myself is exactly what the doctor ordered right now. I’m still a little up in the air and crazy thanks to the drama I’ve been alluding to, so I definitely need to get re-centered in myself right now. I usually think I’m awesome (my brother always tells me not to tell people that) so I need to engrain that in myself right now.

I’ll be gone for 10 days total, so I’m thinking I’ll do Paris and London. I have always always wanted to go to England so I’m sure I could spend the whole time there, but I think I need to mix it up a little.

I also am dying for advice – what to bring, how to avoid being murdered, what not to miss – so now is the time for anyone and everyone to pipe in! I know people love to talk about travelling so I want to take advantage of that fact over the next month. I’m especially interested in people who have travelled alone, but I want to talk to all y’all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment